Information for Jobseekers
Are you a disabled job seeker? The British Association for Supported Employment (BASE) has lots of information to help you in your search for the right job, whatever your disability.
What is Supported Employment?
Supported employment is a way of providing assistance to people with a disability who need extra support to move towards and into work. BASE member organisations have the specialist knowledge to give you this support.
BASE member organisations can give you advice and help all through the process of looking for and gaining a job. Click on this link to take you to the search page where you can enter your postcode to find an organisation near you.
There is advice for all stages of job hunting, from the start of your search up to getting an interview and beyond. Some of the services our members provide are:
* help to build your confidence and self esteem
* training, from basic skills to vocational and professional qualifications
* help to match you with the right job for your experience and skills
* work trials so you can try a job and gain experience
* help through the interview process, sometimes even attending interviews with you for support
* 'on the job' help to guide and support you through the early stages
* advising potential employers on reasonable adjustments
* help to keep your job if you become disabled or are finding work difficult with your existing disability.