Realise Futures CIC
Realise Futures CIC is an award-winning social enterprise operating across much of the East of England. The company employs around 340 people, of which approximately 30% are disabled or disadvantaged. We pursue a business strategy based on a diversified model that combines three funded services: adult learning, careers advice and supported employment alongside six Social Businesses (offering paid jobs).Together these component parts provide a holistic approach that enables individuals who are often furthest from the labour market to develop their potential. Our aim is to trade ethically and compete with the private sector on quality of products.
Our social mission is to improve and promote the economic and social wellbeing of people in our communities by creating opportunities in learning and work whilst actively contributing to the economies of the communities in which we operate. As a Community Interest Company, we exist for a social and environmental purpose and reinvest profits back into the business.
We have most expertise in helping those who are long-term unemployed, disabled and/or disadvantaged, parents/carers, ex service personnel and ex-offenders. Success, for us, is measured by the positive impact on the lives of those we support and progress, as well as the profit we generate.
In summary, we deliver careers advice, employment support, life-skills coaching, learning and skills development and run a number of successful social businesses. We manage four cafes and operate a wholefood shop, provide gardening services, grow seasonal produce and plants and sell vegetable boxes, make 100% recycled plastic outdoor furniture, and offer print, sign and fulfilment services.
We are a ‘people’ business so our relationships with clients, suppliers, professional bodies and community organisations are pivotal to our continued trading. We are fortunate to enjoy good relationships and strive to maintain them through excellent customer relationship management existing and new.
Key facts about Realise Futures CIC:
- Since the Social Return on Investment study and report was published in early 2015, we continue to show that for every £1 invested in Realise Futures, £2.51 is generated in social value.
- We have achieved and maintained ISO 9001 and 14001 BSI certifications
- We support adults with disabilities or who are disadvantaged into paid employment. We are a leading provider in the Eastern region, with an excellent track record of sustained employment beyond six months.
- Our social businesses offer paid jobs in the following occupational sectors: manufacturing, fulfilment, signs and print, retail, catering and horticulture
- We operate in Suffolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and Norfolk.
In a typical year we deliver:
- Adult careers advice services in Suffolk and Norfolk to 21,990 people.
- On Work Choice our Suffolk Employment Service achieved 81% of our job outcome targets for 2015/2016. In Essex, approximately 320 customers are supported to gain and/or sustain paid employment.
- The learning and development division delivered 11,376 learning aims to 6,851 learners; those adult learners achieved a 91% success rate against their aims.
- Alongside our established staff, we provided 193 people with supported placements across our social businesses.
Our employment services are aimed at adults with disabilities however our Learning and Development and National Careers Service is aimed at working age adults.