BASE has secured funding to deliver the next stage of Employment is Everyone's Business. BASE and NDTi were funded by the Department for Education to deliver the 2015-16 Employment is Everyone's Business project and supported the six Berkshire local authority areas through Elevate Berkshire. Elevate Berkshire, through the Bertkshire and Thames Valley City Deal, are keen to invest and develop this further to improve life chances and employment outcomes for young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
BASE are now delivering support, advice and guidance to help Berkshire through:
- Sharing knowledge and good practice that currently exists within Berkshire to support all areas in achieving better employment outcomes for young people with SEND
- Constructively challenge the system to do things differently to ensure more young people with SEND leave education with jobs and sustainable careers;
- Develop more effective study programmes with the core aim of employment which includes supported internships;
- Develop effective employer engagement strategies across agencies and providers to the benefit of young people with SEND with approaches embedded into the LEP;
- Ensure young people with SEND and families understand what works to get jobs and sustainable careers.
- Embed and develop the employment pathways for the 6 Berkshire areas.