This is a 2 day training workshop designed for all organisations whose success relies upon the effective engagement and involvement of employers. It has been delivered to staff from over 75 agencies across Britain and Europe.
Who's the course for?
- Employment Officers who are arranging work tasters, work experience places, paid employment
- Service managers and Team Leaders who wish to gain better insight into employer engagement within service development
- FE colleges, Connexions and work-based learning providers
The course is designed to allow participants to:
- build personal confidence
- understand the employer's perspective
- learn how to develop long term relationships with employers
- understand how to pitch to employers
- address employer concerns
- understand marketing techniques
Course participants will be able to:
- Identify sources of local labour market intelligence
- Be able to articulate the business case for employing a diverse workforce, including people with disabilities
- Understand the models of equal opportunity and diversity management
- Know the role of reasonable adjustments that employers can make to recruit a diverse workforce
- Understand the value of networking with employers
- Understand how to market services effectively
- Understand how to prepare and deliver a presentation to employers
- Understand methods of securing and maintaining employer involvement in supported employment
The course is delivered by Huw Davies who has many years experience of successfully engaging employers.