The 2012 BASE conference took place at the Thistle Hotel in Glasgow and was a great success with over 150 delegates attending the two day event. Our main sponsor this year was the Rehab Group.
Speakers for the event included:
* Paul McNulty (Deputy Director of Procurement Policy, Scottish Government)
* Anne McGuire MP (Shadow Minister for Disabled People)
* Marie Kelly (Director of Training and Employment Services, Rehab Group)
* Roy O'Shaughnessy (Chief Executive Designate, Shaw Trust and Chief Executive, Careers Development Group)
* Clare Elliott (Head of Work Programmes, DWP)
Delergates were able to choose from a programme of 24 workshops. You can view most of the workshop presentations here.
You can also view the full conference programme.
The conference featured our annual conference dinner and awards evening. Congratulations to Jackie Baxter of Pluss who won the 2012 Practitioner of the Year Award. Individual awards were also won by Angie Coghill (Surrey CC) and Marie Betts (Dimensions) while East Ayrshire Council won the team award. You can find further information about our practitioner awards on our awards page.
Practitioner Awards 2012
BASE presented its Practitioner Awards for 2012 at the annual conference dinner in Glasgow on 12 September. The awards acknowledge excellence in supporting employers and disabled employees.
This year we had awards for excellence in supporting employers, support for people with a learning disability and for people with mental health needs. We also introduced a team excellence award for Scottish services.