North Yorkshire County Council
There are many options available for employment and training but finding the right information can sometimes be difficult.
North Yorkshire Council has published an online guide to navigating the system. The 'Employment Pathways' document acts as a guide for people seeking employment or training, taking you through the options available for your circumstances.
The 'Employment Pathways' document provides information for the following areas:
* Paid work (from casual to full-time work and how these affect benefits and tax credits)
* Self-employment (from self-employment issues to setting up your own business)
* Finding work (help with CVs, application forms and interview skills and where to search for a job)
* Currently employed (dealing with issues in the workplace from illness to discrimination)
* Voluntary work (skills for voluntary work and what is available)
* Vocational training and work experience (improving your skills and what is available, including apprenticeships)
The document also contains information and links to district councils; colleges and adult education centres; universities; specialist employment support services; financial support in employment and education; other support information; and a glossary of relevant terms.