Kent County Council
Kent Supported Employment are part of the Skills and Employability team within Kent County Council Education and Young People’s Services. We offer a specialist supported employment service for people with disabilities and disadvantages.
We are able to professionally support people aged 16 and over with a disability or disadvantage to prepare, find and stay in paid employment. We work with people with many different types of disability, including:
• physical disabilities
• learning disabilities
• autistic spectrum condition
We offer comprehensive advice, guidance and support, including:
• Practical hands on 1-1 support from a named Employment Support Officer
• Getting to know a client’s needs and matching them to the right employer
• Specialised in work support, to enable the employee to quickly adapt to the workplace and gain the confidence to work independently of support
• Support to implement reasonable adjustments in the work place
- Independent travel training
The service is for anyone who has a disability living in Kent - you’ll need to have a referral from your care manager. If you don’t have a case worker contact us and we’ll see if we can help.