Central Bedfordshire Council
SET2Work Employment Team
This is a specialist supported employment service for adults with a learning disability. We support people to get paid employment, access work trials and find out about volunteering placements.
We aim to:
- increase the numbers of people with learning disabilities in paid employment
- support people in a wide range of employment settings
- raise awareness among employers of the employment needs of people with learning disabilities and the positive contributions they can make to the workplace
- create the right opportunities for personal development and career progression.
- help you to identify what kind of paid job you are interested in - we call this ‘vocational profiling’
- help you to find the right employer and the right job – we call this ‘job searching’
- help you with applications and interviews and identify support for you in the workplace – we call this ‘job coaching’
- support you to retain (this means ‘keep hold of’) your paid job and help you to develop in your role – we call this ‘job retention and career development’
- help you to understand the relationship between paid work and any benefits you may be receiving
We work together with you and look for:
- support from your family and friends, if appropriate; and
- work with any other professionals or support staff you may be linked with to help achieve the outcome of a paid job – we call this working ‘co-productively’ – it means working together.
Referral to the service
A Care Manager or Social Worker from the Adult Learning Disability Team can refer you to the SET2Work Employment Team. Currently people with learning disability in receipt of a service with the learning disability team. The Adult Learning Disability Team can be contacted on 0300 300 8303