Calderdale Borough Council
Workwise is an employment support service within Calderdale Council and is committed to working with people across Calderdale to provide in depth advice and guidance to enable local people to gain local employment opportunities.
Workwise supports people experiencing mental ill health, ill health, people with disabilities or learning disability and people who are not currently in work and living in Calderdale. Our aim is to assist and support people from one stage to another through an individual’s transition towards sustainable employment by means of voluntary work, work placement and/or training.
Workwise Calderdale will work with you at an individual pace. We offer support to people around the following key areas:
* Engagement with an individual Employment Adviser to support you in your transition to work
* Advice and Guidance
* Job skills; Job search and Job tasters/work experience
* Access to learning and training and job coaching if necessary
* Guidance on managing your health whilst moving on from a period of ill health
* Access to a range of services to support your mental health or disability
* British Sign Language interpreter support
* Liaise with your employer about job re-structuring or redeployment
* Advise you on 'Access to Work' funding and support for workplace modifications or equipment
* Provide appropriate training for your managers and colleagues to support your needs in the workplace
The Workchoice Programme is delivered in partnership with Pluss (www.pluss.org.uk) across West Yorkshire. Workwise support residents living in Calderdale.
ISCAL (Industrial Services Calderdale) is a printed, disposable manufacturing company producing dripmats, coasters, napkins, and other associated tissue products for the tourism and hospitality sector. Our main customers are hotels, bars, restaurants and cafes in England, Europe and Ireland. We are a unique company with only one other similar business in England.
The Coasters are manufactured from multi layers of paper tissue with or without a wax backing and provide a hygienic and simple disposable solution. ISCAL currently manufactures some 40 million coasters annually using 8,000 miles of tissue in the process.
Printed coasters can offer marketing at low cost by adding a printed logo or message. In more recent years promotional events have utilised this to reinforce the event theme or sponsor an event. There is also a smaller market for family events.
Iscal also provides 6 month traineeships, work placements and volunteering for people with disabilities, health conditions or those furthest away from the labour market.